Contoh Soal Working in Changing World , Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary Building - In this changing era, people start to adapt with numerous challenges to survive in this world. In this 21st century, the information technology is growing fast and there are many new jobs need these skills. Do you know what kinds of jobs in this 21st century era? What skills should you have to face this era? How would you face this changing world to be the best?
Derivatives are the addition of the affixes before or after the root word. The addition of the affixes before the root words is called by prefix while the addition after the root words is called by suffix.
We can use derivatives after determiners like: a, an, the, my, your, our, his, this, that, those, some, each, etc.
- add the suffix –ion, -tion e.g.: location, collection, etc.
- add the suffix –age e.g.: coverage, carriage, etc.
- add the suffix –ment e.g.: development, appointment, etc.
We can use derivatives after some these words: so, too, quite, more, most, etc.
- add the suffix -ive e.g.: communicative, imaginative, etc.
- add the suffix -ful e.g.: successful, meaningful, etc.
- add the suffix -ous e.g.: adventurous, hazardous, etc.
e.g.: enlarge, enable, etc.
• add the suffix -ze, -ize
e.g.: criticize, apologize, etc.
• add the suffix -en
e.g.: frighten, fasten, etc.
• add the suffix -fy, -ify
e.g.: clarify, classify, etc.
• add the suffix -ed, -ing
e.g.: stopped, stopping, etc.
e.g.: quickly, slowly, etc.